Now, I realize this desk organizer idea for pens and pencils using a mason jar painted to look like a school composition is probably more appropriate for back to school season …
or teacher gift time.
But I couldn’t help it. I couldn’t wait. I had to share these ASAP.
I mean, teachers need to organize their desk spaces too, right? And who says you can only give teacher gifts at the end of the year?
Or why not send your college student back to school after winter break with a stylish desk accessory to corral their pens and pencils? I’m pretty sure their study spaces could use a little organization as they enter their second semesters …
Desk Organizer Idea: How To Make Composition Book Mason Jars
- Start by painting a patch with white primer (I created a similar patch on the opposite of the jar as well). Let dry overnight.
2. Tape off a 2″ x 1 1/4″ square of white using washi tape.
3. Paint jar with black acrylic craft paint in matte finish. Let dry overnight.
4. Tape off a vertical band on side of jar (to represent spine of composition notebook)
5. Using a fan brush, gently dab on white paint.
Keep moving the brush from side to side with each application.
6. Remove Washi tape. Using a fine point brush, free hand thin black lines.
And you’re done!
So cute, right? Now you can have the best dressed desk in town!
Hope you have a mason-jar-craft-love filled day! 🙂