Heart Jar Craft
I realize hearts and Valentine’s Day go hand-in-hand. And now is the time of year when crafty folks (like myself) are seeking out Valentine craft ideas. Typically with hearts. And reds and pinks. And, in my case, with mason jars.
But why must hearts be confined to a single day? Can’t we enjoy them year round? Why not give a heart mason jar vase as a Mother’s Day gift. Or birthday gift …
And with that idea, here’s a tutorial on how to make your own heart jar craft for Valentine’s Day. Or any day of the year …
How To Make Heart Jar Craft
- I started with two coats of white primer. Let dry completely between coats. Dry overnight before moving on to next step.
2. After jars dry overnight, tape off heart areas. I used foam sticker hearts I found at the craft store.
3. Paint jar with craft paint. I used Folk Art Parisian Pink. Give it one coat.
4. Once dry to touch, remove hearts.
5. Touch up problem areas with white acrylic paint. Let dry overnight before moving on to next step.
6. Once dry overnight, distress with 80 grit sandpaper, focusing on raised edges.
7. Using a white paint pen, add dots around heart.
8. After drying overnight, give it a matte finish clear coat to seal. This is my go to brand that I found at Michaels.
9. Add flowers (these are faux) and your gift is ready to give. For Valentine’s Day …
… or any day of the year!
I also sell this jar set at my Etsy shop. Just click here …