I’m a Chicago Cubs fan.
I know, I know. They have a sad track record. But I’m ever hopeful.
We live less than a mile from Wrigley Field. And during baseball season, our neighborhood is bustling with Cubs blue-and-red-clad fans. All hopeful that this year will be our year. And all excited to spend the day in Wrigleyville.
It’s truly an amazing ballpark and neighborhood. I dare anyone to have a bad time at Wrigley. Even with rain delays.
My hopeful this-is-the-year contribution is this Cubs uniform mason jar craft.
HOW TO MAKE A BASEBALL UNIFORM MASON JAR
1. Start with 2 coats of white paint. I used Rust-Oleum’s new Chalked paint. Acrylic craft paint works too.
2. After paint dries for 24 hours, distress with 80 grit sandpaper. Focus on raised type.
3. Using a paint pen, draw a line around the upper rim (just under the threads)
4. Freehand draw vertical lines using paint pen.
5. Continue free-handing vertical stripes around jar.
6. Glue small buttons to jar. I used a quick dry Loctite glue that I found at Michaels.
7. I added 4 buttons. I also found stickers at Wrigley Sports that were the perfect size for my jersey and cap decal.
Fingers crossed my mason jar Cubs baseball uniform can finally counter that evil goat curse …