Candy Corn Mason Jars for Halloween – Mason Jar Halloween Craft Idea.
I’m not the first to make candy corn mason jars for Halloween …
and I surely won’t be the last.
I say that because this mason jar Halloween craft idea is so easy to execute. Seriously. This is a Halloween craft idea that would be great to make with the kids.
All you need are …
- mason jars (of course!)
- paint in white, yellow, and orange
- washi tape (you can find at any craft store or even Office Depot and Staples)
- clear coat matte finish spray
How To Make Candy Corn Mason Jars for Halloween
- For the white paint, I used primer. Two coats. And I let them dry overnight in-between the coats. I find the primer holds up better to the next step — taping off the candy corn stripes …
2. I taped off the bottom third of the jar with washi tape (you can see I used the Scotch brand that I found at my Office Depot).
3. Then I gave it one thick coat of yellow paint (Folk Art Medium Yellow Acrylic Paint). Let dry overnight.
4. Next, tape off the center third for the orange paint.
5. I gave this two coats of Folk Art Pure Orange Acrylic paint. (Folk Art also has a Pumpkin orange that is a bit brighter that you can use). Let dry overnight.
6. Using 80 grit sandpaper, I distressed along the raised lettering and designs on the jar.
7. I finished the jars with a clear coat in a matte finish (Design Master is my preferred product because it doesn’t discolor or cause any yellowing of the whites – I find it at Michaels).
For even more Halloween mason jar craft ideas:
Sharing: | Between Naps on The Porch |