How to Make Easter Egg Mason Jar Craft: Easter Mason Jar DIY.
I fear I’ve failed my kids when it comes to Easter celebrations …
I have fond memories of Easter in my youth. The fun and wonder of dying eggs. The excitement of getting a new Easter outfit for church (matching dress and coat set, white tights, white shoes and a bonnet to boot!). The surprise of the basket on Easter morning followed by the Easter egg hunt.
With real eggs!
And after church the family would gather for a delicious feast.
I’ve done the egg dying and the egg hunting and a surprise basket with a surprise gift to go with that basket. But there are no matching dress and coat sets. Or church going. And the family gathering on Easter has been a bit hit or miss from year-to-year. It’s just not a big holiday for my extended family …
So to add a bit of Easter magic and cheer back into our household, I thought I’d make an Easter Egg mason jar craft. And, of course, share it with all you mason jars fans too …
How To Make Easter Egg Mason Jar Craft
Acrylic Craft Paint in Purple, Blue, Pink, Yellow, Orange
*some affiliate links included.
- Start with two coats of primer. Let dry completely between coats and overnight before moving on to step 2.
2. Tape off your zig zag in the center of the jar. I used this amazing zig zag washi tape that I found at the craft store. It saved me so much time!
3. Tape off stripes on the top and bottom of jar.
4. Paint one coat of each desired coat for your stripes. I alternated on each jar.
5. Once dry, remove tape and touch up.
6. Lightly distress along the raised words and pieces.
7. Add polka dots.
8. Seal with clear, matte finish spray sealant (let jar dry 24 hours first before sealing; use in a well-ventilated area)
9. Enjoy your Easter magic! 🙂
Wishing you have a mason-jar-craft-love filled day!