Tutorial on how to make Irish flag mason jars for St. Patrick’s Day.
I’m Irish. Okay, half Irish. On my mother’s side. But I’m still Irish proud …
freckles and all!
In my days of yore (which means the days before marriage and kids) I greatly enjoyed partaking in the Irish St. Patrick’s day celebrations. Corn beef and cabbage and green beer and all. Oh, and the parades. Which were an excuse to eat corn beef and cabbage and drink green beer. 😉
These days, my 1/2 Irish self is celebrating St. Patrick’s day in a much tamer way. With crafting. St. Patrick’s crafting with mason jars, of course. A much more appropriate way to celebrate for a married woman with kids.
My latest creation are Irish flag mason jars.
These couldn’t be easier to create …
How To Make Irish Flag Mason Jars
1. Start with 2 coats of primer. Let dry overnight.
2. Tape off middle section of jar.
3. Paint green on the top half. I mixed together Americana Kelly Green & Hauser Dark Green to get my perfect Irish flag green.
4. Turn jar upside down and paint orange. I mixed together Americana Orange Twist with Folk Art pumpkin to get my perfect Irish orange.
5. Remove tape and touch up with a thin brush. Once dry overnight, seal with a clear coat sealant (I use a matte finish product that I find at Michaels).
And you’re done. Ready to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in style …
corned beef and cabbage and green beer and all! 🙂
P.S. I’m also selling these Irish flag mason jars at my Esty shop – as individual jars, in sets of three, and in sets with shamrock jars. Just click here for more …