I’m surprised this particular Halloween mason jar craft hasn’t been created yet. Or if it has, it certainly didn’t show up in my Google search …
I just love it when I hit upon an original idea!!!!
And I definitely have a theme when it comes to Halloween. I skew cute versus scary. I think it harkens back to my desire to be a cartoonist when I was younger.
So here’s how I made my spider mason jars …
1. I started with spray paint. I gave one jar (and the lid and band) a glossy finish. And the other a matte finish. (You can also use acrylic paint too).
2. For the spider legs, I folded four black pipe cleaners in half. And then bent them once for the knees (?) and once for the feet (?).
3. I played around a bit with the best way to attach the pipe cleaners to the lid. I’m not sure my solution is really the best approach (you can’t screw the lid on, you can only place the lid on top), but I decided that the fold of the pipe cleaner should be tucked under the band.
4. I hot glued the pipe cleaner to the underside of the band so that the legs would bend up and over the band.
5. Here’s what it looks like when all four pipe cleaners were attached. As you can see, I went a bit heavy with the glue (another reason I can’t screw the band onto the jar’s threads).
6. And then I let it dry.
7. I put the lid in place and then rested the band on top.
You can find even more Halloween crafts using mason jars by clicking here …
And more fall mason jar craft ideas by clicking here …